|Download your various reader file updates here:|
I had been so spoiled by the AvantGo service with its easy of use and lovely display which I took for granted.
However I am beginning to know the sequence for syncronizing the MobiPocket files.
I found it very difficult because the procedure was difficult to figure out.
However I think I have it.
1. Install the Mobipocket reader on your desktop.
2. Install the reader on your Palm
3. Set the Mobipocket on your Palm to syncronize as the default.
4. With the Desktop Mobipocket Reader opened and displayed on your desktop computer . . . leave it and wait patiently. Minimize it to perhaps 6 inches square.
5. On the internet open the Mobile Gabriel site and select the 3rd option, syncing options and updates
6. Select MobiPocket
7. Click on the MG20090901.prc file. This is for September 2009
8. Save it to your desktop Computer Desktop. Yes the desktop on your desktop computer.
9. Minimizing the Mobipocket reader to perhaps 6 inches square, grab the MG20090901.prc file on the above mentioned desktop and move it into the ‘this list is empty.
10. Don’t worry when the file opens, simply go to view even though it is grayed out it will open and select Sources/eBooks
11. Right click on the MG20090901.prc file which now has an eBook shape and select Send, it should display the name of your Palm which you will select.
12. Now on your Hotsync it should be installed into the Mobipocket library on you Palm
13. Open the Mobipocket program on your Palm
14. Select to Information button near the bottom right of the Palm.
15. Select Options
16. Select Preferences
17. At the top right drop down that probably says General, click and select Library
18. Place a check mark in the 3rd item, Rescan entire library at startup.
19. Click OK, turn off the Palm, restart the Palm and open MobiPocket.
It should rescan and find the MG20090901.prc file. If that happens and you are able to use Mobile Gabriel go back to step 14 – 18 and desellect the rescan option. It is a terrible distraction.
I hope this helps.